What Do You Know About Abortion?
As a woman in the state of Georgia, there are certain rights you have by law and specific information that is required to be made available to you to protect you throughout the abortion process. This checklist is a helpful tool as you determine what information you still need before moving forward.
- Are you sure you are pregnant? Have you been tested by a medical professional?
- Are you sure you have a viable, intrauterine pregnancy? Have you received an ultrasound to confirm?
- Viable refers to a pregnancy that is capable of developing under normal conditions. 10-25% of known pregnancies end in miscarriage and most of those occur before the 12th week.1
- If you are experiencing an extrauterine, or ectopic, pregnancy, immediate medical attention is required.2
- Do you know how far along you are?
- What do you know about fetal development for that stage of gestation?
- Do you currently have a sexually transmitted infection? Have you been tested to confirm?
- What do you know about abortion procedures that are offered in the state of Georgia?
- What do you know about physical risks that are associated with abortion procedures?
- What do you know about emotional risks that are associated with abortion procedures?
- Do you know if the abortion clinic you’ve chosen will treat you for any complications or emergencies that occur?
- If you need to be hospitalized, does the doctor performing the abortion have hospital privileges?
- Have there been any lawsuits filed against the doctor or abortion clinic you’ve chosen?
Want to Speak with a Licensed Medical Professional?
Do you have questions after reading through the checklist? Do you need additional services before you’re ready to finalize your decision? Our licensed medical team presents evidence-based information following a lab quality pregnancy test and medical assessment so that you are equipped with information that you need.
All our services are free and confidential.
We want you to be protected, know your rights, and have the support that you need.