Even if you have taken a home pregnancy test, it’s important to have a diagnosis from a medical professional. A lab-quality, urine-based pregnancy test will be offered to you free of charge. Regardless of the results, we are here for you. We care about you and your overall health and well-being. If you want written verification of your pregnancy, bring photo identification, and the verification will be given to you at the end of your appointment.
Free Ultrasound Exam
An ultrasound is vital in confirming a positive pregnancy test. We offer limited ultrasounds at both our Macon and Warner Robins locations. During your visit, if the test our nurses provide is positive, we may be able to offer you an ultrasound. The nurse will be able to determine if you qualify for an ultrasound based on your medical history.
Your ultrasound will be reviewed by our Medical Director who will confirm that you have a viable intrauterine pregnancy. Following the ultrasound, we urge you to schedule an appointment with your chosen OB/GYN for prenatal care.
Our registered nurses are here to walk you through the medical process at CORE Healthcare for Women. We answer your questions, offer administration of your pregnancy testing, and walk you through your options. We offer partnership and decision support to accompany you during this time. The nurse will provide sexual health education and consult with you about your next steps. She will also provide community resources and referrals.
Women’s Health Assessment
Our nurses will perform a medical assessment during each appointment to evaluate your health care needs and assist in determining how to best meet those needs. We take a holistic approach with each appointment, because pregnancy affects every area of life. We care deeply about your well-being.
We know an unexpected pregnancy can often lead to a difficult decision. You may have questions and we want to provide answers for you. Our promise is to answer your questions honestly and fully, and provide you in-depth detail about every option you have regarding your pregnancy.
In addition to a pregnancy test, during an appointment our staff will:
- Make sure you are fully informed on your options using evidence-based information so you can make the best decision for you.
- Be with you each step of the way: A staff member known as a Patient Advocate will walk with you during your appointment with us.
- Offer a listening ear: We care about you and want to make sure your unique story is heard. You will be able to talk to a Patient Advocate in a non-judgmental environment.
Personalized Care Plan
At CORE, we want to ensure you are well cared for in mind, body, and spirit. During each appointment, we offer a Personalized Care Plan. At these appointments, we determine how to best care for you, and into the future based on your specific story and needs. We can provide initial pregnancy testing appointments, and you may also schedule follow-up consultation appointments, if you wish.
We want to make sure you are cared for again and again. We offer on-going support appointments in a variety of different ways:
- Follow-Up Consultations: decisions don’t have to be made all at one time. Feel free to request a follow-up consultation with one of our Patient Advocates to ensure you are receiving the best care and making the best decision for you.
- The HOPE Program: earn points towards material items while learning different life skills for all stages of life and beyond.
Services Disclaimer: We do not provide extended OB/GYN or pre-natal care, birth control prescriptions or devices, fertility testing, abortion services, or referrals for abortion.